Can't load IronPython Studio

Mar 14, 2008 at 1:23 AM
Ive read everything on this page and searched for this error but cant find a solution.

When the installation of IronPython Studio was on its last stage I get a dialog box error "Microsoft Visual Studio Shell Isolated Edition -- Cant find one or more components, please reinstall."

I have Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2008 Shell (Isolated), and the Windows SDK if that even matters. Why wont IronPython Studio load? This is driving me nuts. This is an XP Pro SP2 installation of Windows. .NET works fine and have used this image for development before.

Thanks
Mar 18, 2008 at 6:39 PM
Did you install the shell or just extract it? It's a little odd, but when you run the EXE for the Shell, it just extracts it to another exe/msi that you then have to run.

-Pete
Mar 20, 2008 at 7:28 PM
I am not able to install ironpython studio. I installed the VS Shell 2008 Isolated mode redistibutable. Then restarted my machine. Then I tried to run the ironpython studio MSI. and I get an error say it requires the VS Shell 2008 Isolated mode redistributable which I just installed.

Any ideas on how to get Ironpython studio to recognize VS shell is installed an not halt the IPystudio install process.?I double check checked to make sure th VS shell is installed and not just extracted.

Thanks,

Chris Chappell
Mar 20, 2008 at 7:52 PM
Oops! I'm a dork. I thought the extraction was the install process. If anyone else has this problem go to C:\VS 2008 Shell Redist\Isolated Mode and the run vsshellisolated.enu file.

Mar 21, 2008 at 12:15 AM
I did not realize the installer was just extracting. I found it and installed it, now it works properly. Thanks paschott for the help.
Apr 26, 2008 at 10:38 AM
@paschott: Hah! I had the same exact issue. Ran the executable thinking I was installing rather than extracting. Thanks for the help.