Get error when try to debug simple form - Could not load file/assembly IronPython?

Dec 13, 2007 at 4:43 AM
System.IO.FileLoadException was unhandled
Message: Could not load file or assembly 'IronPython, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Not sure what to do in this case as I'm pretty new to IronPython. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not.

-Pete
Dec 17, 2007 at 4:54 AM
Anyone? I just can't get this to work for me at all in any way. Whatever project type I try results in this error message.

paschott wrote:
System.IO.FileLoadException was unhandled
Message: Could not load file or assembly 'IronPython, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Not sure what to do in this case as I'm pretty new to IronPython. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not.

-Pete

Dec 22, 2007 at 7:46 PM
Had the same problem when integrating a self-compiled versions of IronPython.dll and IronMath.dll into the IronPythonStudio.
I solved it by deleting the IronPyton.dll and the IronMath.dll from the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Common\Assemblies folder. The version in this folder are from July and VS seems to load them with higher priority than the assemblies from my own package.
Hope this helps.
Dec 27, 2007 at 9:31 PM
That seems to have done the trick. I tracked down all outdated versions of the IronPython DLLs and replaced them with the newer versions. I'm not doing any other development with them so this wasn't a huge deal (other than not knowing that the studio copied the DLL's from another location).

Hopefully this can be resolved somehow in a future release of the app.

-Pete