VS 2008 SP1 Project Saving Error

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:56 PM
Edited Dec 7, 2008 at 6:34 PM
Hello

I have installed IronPython Studio (integrated) and am running VS 2008 Pro SP1.  The software is not allowing me to save any IronPyton projects, but instead reports "The operation could not be completed. No such interface supported." I have tried to save projects such as Windows Forms, Console, and WPF and none of them will save (each produces the same error).

I have attempted a repair, and separately an unistall and reinstall (only of IronPython Studio), but neither works.  From similar problems people have had with Visual Studio, I'm guessing the problem may be an unregistered DLL or something related to COM visibility.  I am running Vista Business 32. I have uninstalled other VS add-ins, and that does not solve the problem.  Someone from MSDN forums believes the difference might be in the SP1 build of Visual Studio 2008 (required for SQL Server 2008).  I have attempted this installation on two different computers (Vista Business and Vista Ultimate) and have the same issue.
Dec 11, 2008 at 1:01 AM
Problem Solved

1) Open command prompt
2) run "devenv /ResetSettings"

Solution verified on two different computers.  In my case, I reset the settings before reinstalling the Integrated version (which had already been uninstalled).