Info Install IronPythonStudio

Aug 8, 2008 at 7:52 PM
Hi ...
a question: why can achieve only projects WPF? And not console application as described in the screencast instead?
Aug 9, 2008 at 1:20 AM

When in IronpythonStudio (I assume you use Isolated Shell), did you try menu option:

File -> New -> Project -> Console Application icon ?

Aug 9, 2008 at 11:11 AM
Yes...there is also WPF icon
Aug 10, 2008 at 6:59 PM
Edited Aug 10, 2008 at 7:00 PM
Excuse me...i see only WPF icon...
Aug 10, 2008 at 11:01 PM
I have Ironpython Studio Isolated shell installed.
I suspect you are using Ironpython Integrated shell together with some version of Visual Studio. Did you try to install Ironpython Studio with Isolated shell?

Aug 11, 2008 at 12:05 AM
Edited Aug 11, 2008 at 12:08 AM
No...I using IronPython Studio isolated shell with ironpython studio for isolated shell..I don't know.... I tried to install visual studio 2008 professional...and in File ->New->Project..there is IronPython Studio Item with only WPF icon...
On my PC is installed VISTA...but i tried to install ironpython on my PC with XP....same problem...
Aug 11, 2008 at 8:05 PM

Please, read next link.

http://www.codeplex.com/IronPythonStudio/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=26341

hope it helps.
Regards

Aug 12, 2008 at 6:27 PM
Where do I copy files zipped?
Aug 12, 2008 at 8:54 PM
Well, I am not so sure now, as I indicated you, I never had this problem and can not reproduce it. I think it is necessary a workaround here.
Try the next:
In folder My Documents of your computer, you should find next path: IronPython Studio -> Templates; under this folder you will find two other folders:  Item & Project templeates, I do not know which one is the right one but, initially, copy the .zip files to both folders and unzip them also or try in one folder first and if no results, try for the other folder.
The place of your personal templates is indicated  in IronpythonStudio using menu Tools -> options -> Projects and solutions, the paths indicated for your templates (item and project) should be equal to the indicated in the My Documents path.
Let me know about your progress.
Regards.

Oct 25, 2008 at 12:50 AM
please find the address "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\IronPython Studio\1033" . there are five zip file. Please copy them to "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\IronPython Studio\Templates\ProjectTemplates".  then you can use other templates in Ironpython studio.