missing project templates

Apr 21, 2008 at 10:35 PM
After installing and running Iron PythonStudio there is only one template for New/Project: WPF Application. Any hints, what went wrong with my installation?

Andreas
May 9, 2008 at 8:29 PM
Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem.
All templates except the WPF project template are missing.
There are no files in the project template path as set in the options.
I wonder where VS gets the WPF project template from.
Could not find a file or corresponding files anywhere...

I also checked out the source distribution and the Project Templates are in there.
I just don't know what to do with them.
Just copying them over to the templates directory doesn't do it.

I hope anyone can help....

Kind regards,
Peter
May 9, 2008 at 8:55 PM
Howdy,

I got it...
I also have a VS Express installed. The IP Studio installer installed the templates to:
C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\IronPython Studio\1033

There I found a bunch of zip files and just copied them over to my personal template folder as stated in the options of IP Studio.
And it works right away.

Even the files from the source distribution could probably be packed in a .zip, properly named and just put in the personal projecte template path.
But I didn't check that

Kind regards,

Peter
Aug 12, 2008 at 6:26 PM
Where do I copy files zipped?
Oct 25, 2008 at 12:46 AM
please find the address "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\IronPython Studio\1033" . there are five zip file. Please copy them to "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\IronPython Studio\Templates\ProjectTemplates".  then you can use other templates in Ironpython studio.
Jan 9, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Hi all!

I'm using Windows 7 and I don't find the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\IronPython Studio\Templates\ProjectTemplates".

I also looked for the subfolfolder "IronPython Studio" in all C:\Users directory, but I didn't find anything.

Anyone can help me to find the target directory in Windows 7?

Thanks in advance

pinux

Jan 9, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Found work-around!!!

Issue is in Visual Studio 2008: I don't know why, but the VS does not like the sub-path 1033 in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\IronPython Studio\1033".

I ran the following steps:

1. I backupped the .zip files in the directory above (the IronPython template files)

2. I deleted the directories "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\IronPython Studio" and "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplatesCache\IronPython Studio\" with all the sub-directories

3. I cleaned Visual Studio 2008 by means of the command (with administrative privileges): devenv /setup (e.g. run cmd as Administrator and locate in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE" folder, then type devenv /setup)

3bis. If you open Visual Studio 2008 and try to create a new project, IronPython templates are not listed more (WPF Application disappears)

4. I created the directory "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\IronPython"

5. I copied in the directory at point 4. the .zip files saved at point 1.

6. With all instances of Visual Studio 2008 closed, I reran devenv /setup like at point 3.

6bis. If you open Visual Studio 2008 and try to create a new project, IronPython templates are all listed in the IronPython folder (see point 4.); notice that Visual Studio 2008 - to create a new template-based project - search into the directory "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplatesCache"

Enjoy!